Candle Care & Safety
We've put together a few candle care tips and tricks to help make sure you get the best burn and longest life from your favorite Lost Canyon candles.
A Guide to Maximizing Your Candle Experience ✨
1. Trim Your Wick - Did you know you can significantly extend the life of your candle by keeping your wick trimmed to 1/4" before each burn? We're talking a solid 20% more time to enjoy your favorite fragrances! Keeping a tidy wick also eliminates any issues with wild flames, mushrooming wicks, overly hot jars, and soot.
2. Burn It - Once your candle is lit, let it burn until the melted wax reaches the edge of the jar. This will ensure you don't run into issues with tunneling later. You should, however, avoid "power burning" (letting your candle burn longer than the recommended 4 hours), both as a safety precaution and to keep your fragrance from burning off prematurely.
If, on the first burn or two, after burning for a full 4 hours, your wax hasn't melted all the way to the edges - don't worry. It will catch up on subsequent burns as the flame moves further down the jar, we promise.
3. Safety First - Always place your lit candles on a heat-resistant surface someplace you can keep an eye on it. Keep them away from drafts, grandma's favorite curtains, and other things that can catch fire. Candles should be kept out of reach of children and pets. Read and follow the safety instructions located on the bottom label of your candle carefully.
4. It's Time to Let Go - It's time for a new candle when 1/4" of wax remains in the jar. Continued use beyond this point can lead to the jar overheating and/or potential surface damage.
5. Reuse or Recycle - Once your candle has reached the end of its life, you can recycle or repurpose the jar in creative ways around your home (make sure you tag us on Instagram, we'd love to see how you give your jar a second life!)
Now that you're a candle-burning pro, it's time to impress your friends and put your new skills to use. So, go ahead, burn the damn candle.
If you are encountering any issues with your candle, please email us, we would be happy to help troubleshoot.